Select the links below that fit your situation...
- Current HP employee:
Information for Current Employees.
DEC professional networking groups
HP employee in the process of leaving:
- Former DEC employee who never worked for HP:
Connection and perhaps other
DEC alumni social groups. Join the HP Connections
group on LinkedIn.
- Recruiter wishing to post jobs:
Networking Directory of HP-
and DEC-related networks and groups worldwide
Contacts for former HP, HPI, HPE employees (And
Did Ken Olsen
say there was "no reason for any individual to have a
computer in his home"'?
"Legend. The out-of-context misinterpretation of Olsen's
comments has been promulgated for decades. What Olsen was
addressing in 1977 was the concept of powerful computers
that controlled every aspect of home life. The fear that
computers might even try to take charge altogether was
widely experienced." --Snopes, the urban legend and
misinformation reference site
Videos and articles:
- Gordon Bell's "CyberMuseum for Digital Equipment Corp Documents, Photo
Albums, Talks, and Videotapes"
- Website of Gordon College:
- "Lessons from Ken Olsen and Digital Equipment Corp." MIT Sloan
"How many current Fortune 500 executives will be remembered fondly by
their former employees?"
- "Ken Olsen: Faith, Work, And Charity Support A Computing Career" Doris
Kilban, Electronic Design
- "Computer pioneer Ken Olsen dies" Boston Globe
- "Ken Olsen, Who Built DEC Into a Power, Dies at 84" New York Times
- "Ken Olsen Founder Digital Equipment Corp Passes Away" Silicon Angle
- "DEC Is Dead, Long Live DEC: The Lasting Legacy of Digital Equipment
Corporation" Edgar H. Schein et al
https://www.amazon.com/dp/1576753050 (Look inside the book at
- "Digital at Work: Snapshots of the First Thirty-Five Years" Jamie
Parker Pearson, ed.
- "The Ultimate Entrepreneur: The Story of Ken Olsen and Digital
Equipment Corporation" Glenn Rifkin and George Harrar
The Hewlett-Packard Alumni Association is operated by former employees
who volunteer their time. Not officially endorsed or supported.
More about the HPAA