How to obtain your annual W-2 or final Earnings Statement Rev Mar 23, 2017
Advice from members of the Hewlett-Packard Alumni Association.
Stock options: You need your HP W-2 if you exercised any options during the year -- even if you did not work for HP during the year. (You will also get a 1099-B from the broker. You need both documents for every option exercise.)
There are two ways to receive your annual W-2 or final Earnings Statement:
Postal mail. Employers are required to mail W-2's by January 31.
"You must furnish Copies B, C, and 2 of Form
W-2 to your employees by January 31, 2017. You'll meet the furnish
requirement if the form is properly addressed and mailed on or before
the due date. If an employee stops working for you before the end of the
year, you may give your former employee Form W-2 anytime prior to
January 31, 2017, but no later than January 31, 2017. If your employee
asks for the Form W-2, you must give your employee Copies B, C, and 2
within 30 days of the request or within 30 days of the final wage
payment, whichever is later.
If mailed, yours should arrive by mid-February. If you were not set up to receive your payroll info online -- and didn't receive a paper copy in the postal mail by mid-February -- contact the appropriate payroll center, see below.
Online. If you were receiving your payroll info online: HP has outsourced this to ADP.
1. Go to W2 Services at https://w2.adp.com
2. Enter the User ID you created when you
registered. (Be sure to end it with "
4. Once you have gained access to your payroll account, check the password recovery questions and check that the email address on the account will reach you in the future. Otherwise, you may not be able to recover account access for future W-2s.
5. Print out the pdf files.
Alternate online directions. One ex-HPI employee used this procedure:
2. Your User ID is most likely First Name (initial) Last Name @HPQ (i.e. FLast@HPQ).
3. If you have forgotten your password you will need to supply the email address used to register. A link will be provided allowing you to change your password.
U.S. Payroll: Payroll phone center has been closed.
Email -- provide your full name, employee ID and contact
HPE: Escalate to Corporate:
Please send comments/corrections email@example.com
The Hewlett-Packard Alumni Association is operated by former employees who volunteer their time. It is not endorsed or supported by HP.
© 2017 Hewlett-Packard Alumni Association, Inc. • By using this site you accept these terms • Operated by former employees who volunteer their time. Not officially endorsed or supported.