Select the links below that fit your situation...
- Current HP employee:
Information for Current Employees. Join
group on LinkedIn.
HP employee in the process of leaving:
group on LinkedIn.
- Former EDS employee who never worked for HP:
Alumni and HP Connections
groups on LinkedIn.
- Recruiter wishing to post jobs:
Check for an
old vested EDS pension if you haven't already done so --
Retirement Services Center
Forum. Benefits and finance issues
related to EDS service are discussed on the
Alumni LinkedIn Group.
(no longer traded.) How to sell your EDS stock, stock
price history, annual reports:
Two reasons EDS alumni should check the logos displayed on
their LinkedIn profile for past positions:
1. You may have selected "EDS" as a past employer and wound
up displaying the red-chevron logo of Egyptian Document
Storage... or the cerise triangle logo of a computer-aided
design company in India.
2. As part of the separation, HP changed the personal profiles of
many former and current employees to display the HPE logo
for past positions. You may wish to display the EDS logo for
early positions on your profile instead.
How to fix
the logos on your profile
Verification for former HP and EDS employees. (EDS
employment before August 2008 may be listed under the old
EDS employer codes:
Networking Directory of HP-
and EDS-related networks and groups worldwide.
official site for retirees and former employees.
- The "Grass
Roots Wisdoms" are listed and discussed in a short book by
former EDS executive coach Gary Hassenstab. ISBN-10:
- "A Unique One-Time Opportunity: The Story of How EDS Created Outsourcing"
– by Eric O'Keefe; Copyright Morton H. Meyerson.
More than 50 EDSers share the story of the one-of-a-kind corporate culture.
CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (October 2012) ASIN:
- "Liberation Management" – by Tom
Peters. Chapter: "World's Largest Project Organization in the
World's Zaniest Industry."
Knopf (1992) ASIN:
Classic EDS ads:
- "Cat Herders" (Super Bowl, January 2000) Video on the
- "Airplane" (Thanksgiving, 2000)
- "Running of the Squirrels" (Super Bowl, January 2001)
Detailed article about the first ad, the campaign, awards, and
Marketing case study:
$14M from Perot. "Don't name it after me."
D Magazine article.
- "My Life & The Principles
for Success" – by Ross Perot.
Summit (September 1996) ISBN-10:
- "Perot: An Unauthorized Biography" – by Todd Mason.
McGraw-Hill (April 1990) ISBN-10:
- "Irreconcilable Differences:
Ross Perot Versus General Motors" – by Doron P. Levin.
Little Brown (March 1989) ISBN-10:
- "On Wings of Eagles" – by Ken Follett. Semi-fictionalized account of effort to rescue two EDS executives imprisoned in Iran.
Morrow (September 1983) ISBN-10:
The Hewlett-Packard Alumni Association is operated by former employees
who volunteer their time. It is not endorsed or supported by HPI or HPE.
More about the HPAA