US EDS alumni should call Fidelity to:
1. Check for a stray EDS pension account... and
2. See if there is an open lump-sum payout offer on that account
-- which you may want to take.
Many report that they received a flyer in the mail. However, Fidelity's
old EDS records may not have your current postal address -- and members
report that the flyer looks like junk mail and is easily discarded.
The offer applies if the "lump-sum present value of your accrued benefit
as of Aug 1, 2016" is between $5K to $100K.
Deadline is July 22, 2016 -- but there is paperwork and possible
When this issue came up last year, several folks found forgotten EDS
Select the links below that fit your situation...
- Current HP employee:
Information for Current Employees. Join
group on LinkedIn.
HP employee in the process of leaving:
group on LinkedIn.
- Former EDS employee who never worked for HP:
Alumni and HP Connections
groups on LinkedIn.
- Recruiter wishing to post jobs:
Two reasons EDS alumni should check the logos displayed on
their LinkedIn profile for past positions:
1. You may have selected "EDS" as a past employer and wound
up displaying the red-chevron logo of Egyptian Document
Storage... or the cerise triangle logo of a computer-aided
design company in India.
2. As part of the split, HP changed the personal profiles of
many former and current employees to display the HPE logo
for past positions. You may wish to display the EDS logo for
early positions on your profile instead.
How to fix
the logos on your profile
$14M from Perot. "Don't name it after me."
D Magazine article.
- All EDS alumni should check for a stray EDS pension account if they
haven't already done so.
HP Retirement Services Center: (Manages any pension accounts
that HP's predecessor companies may have had.)
1-800-457-4015, M-F 7:30 AM to 11:00 PM Central Time.
(Operated by Fidelity Investments.)
Verification for former HP and EDS employees.
Networking Directory of HP-
and EDS-related networks and groups worldwide.
official site for retirees and former employees.
- "A Unique One-Time Opportunity: The Story of How EDS Created Outsourcing"
– by Eric O'Keefe; Copyright Morton H. Meyerson.
More than 50 EDSers share the story of the one-of-a-kind corporate culture.
CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (October 2012) ASIN:
- "Liberation Management" – by Tom
Peters. Chapter: "World's Largest Project Organization in the
World's Zaniest Industry."
Knopf (1992) ASIN:
- "My Life & The Principles
for Success" – by Ross Perot.
Summit (September 1996) ISBN-10:
- "Perot: An Unauthorized Biography" – by Todd Mason.
McGraw-Hill (April 1990) ISBN-10:
- "Irreconcilable Differences:
Ross Perot Versus General Motors" – by Doron P. Levin.
Little Brown (March 1989) ISBN-10:
- "On Wings of Eagles" – by Ken Follett. Semi-fictionalized account of effort to rescue two EDS executives imprisoned in Iran.
Morrow (September 1983) ISBN-10:
The Hewlett-Packard Alumni Association is operated by former employees
who volunteer their time. It is not endorsed or supported by HP.
More about the HPAA