US Health Coverage – Troubleshoot and Compare Notes
Advice and reference info from members. (Updated June 29, 2917.)
Annual Enrollment http://www.hpalumni.org/Annual
Which company am I (or will I be) a retiree of? See http://www.hpalumni.org/WhichCompany
Benefits surprises and hazards. What I wish I had known before I left HP From dozens of HPAA members.
HPAlumni Benefits Forum. Discussions and mutual help on US HP-administered benefits – either as an HP Retiree or via COBRA. HP health coverage, retiree discounts, etc. Join the independent, member-supported HP Alumni Association at no charge: http://www.hpalumni.org
From past discussions on the Benefits Forum, there are three key issues among the many issues involved in picking an HP retiree plan:
1. Whether or not you have pre-existing conditions.
2. What medications you take -- which can make a huge difference in your cost..
3. Whether your current doctors are in-network for each plan.
Who to call with medical benefits issues. Who does what? - the HPAA's summary of the roles played by the Benefits Center and each of the many providers -- and how to escalate to HPI or HPE via the HPAA.
Non-Retirees: The most recent Annual Enrollment Guide -- http://www.hpalumni.org/2017EnrollmentGuide.pdf -- has some useful information for non-retirees -- for example those on COBRA.
2017 Annual Enrollment. Full set of official documents -- including supplement sheets for various situations.
Medicare Checklist. Step-by-step process to figure out your Medicare situation -- and avoid a couple of traps -- whether an official HP Retiree or not: Medicare Checklist
Pre-2003 HP Medical Program. HP's phrase "Pre-2003 HP Medical Program" refers to the year when HP's retiree medical program was redesigned. Even if you retired in 2003 or later, you may qualify for the Pre-2003 program -- depending on your length of service and other factors. Details: http://www.hpalumni.org/Pre2003
Contacts Contacts -- official and unofficial contact directories for HP and HP's providers.
Flexible Spending Account "Your Spending Account"
▪ Dependent Care Claim Form. http://www.hpalumni.org/YSA-DependentClaimForm.pdf 0.5MB pdf file. Includes instructions, fax number, and "Little Einstein Academy" example claim. (Form created by "Hewitt Admin" on 8/8/2012 9:13:34 AM. Sent to HPAA by HP U.S. Benefits on 3/20/13.)
▪ Health Care Claim Form. http://www.hpalumni.org/YSA-HealthCareClaimForm.pdf 0.3MB pdf file. Includes instructions, fax number, and "Associates of Dermatology" example claim. (Form created by "Hewitt Admin" on 8/8/2012 9:13:19 AM. Sent to HPAA by HP U.S. Benefits on 3/20/13.)
For more mutual help on these topics and many others, join the HP Alumni Association. You are eligible to join the HP Alumni Association if you were formerly a regular, direct employee of Hewlett-Packard, HP Inc, or Hewlett Packard Enterprise– or have a defined retirement or termination date. Thanks to the HPAA's Supporting Members, there is no charge to join.
The Hewlett-Packard Alumni Association is an independent volunteer organization of former HP, HP Inc, and Hewlett Packard Enterprise employees – and current employees in the process of leaving. Operated by former employees who volunteer their time; not officially endorsed or supported.
© 2017 Hewlett-Packard Alumni Association, Inc. • By using this site you accept these terms • Operated by former employees who volunteer their time. Not officially endorsed or supported.