Advice and reference information from members of the HP Alumni Association
For more mutual help on these topics
and many others, join the HP Alumni Association.
You are eligible to join the HP Alumni Association if you were formerly a regular, direct employee of HP –
or have a defined WFR, layoff, EER, retirement, resignation, or termination date.
Thanks to the HPAA's Supporting Members and Sponsors, there is no
▪ ASAP Checklist. What to do before losing access to HP internal systems and in the following few weeks.
▪ Questions to ask if you are offered the "Golden Boot" -- Jane Bryant Quinn.
Moving from HP to the real Internet
▪ Personal business on company systems. No matter where you work, what your job situation, or how aboveboard your activities -- there are serious legal and privacy issues connected with using your employer's IT facilities for your personal business. There are also identity-theft and data-loss risks.
▪ Setting up professional email. Advice from HPAA members on getting a private email account on Yahoo Mail, Google Gmail, or Microsoft Hotmail -- and choosing a professional email username.
Flexible Spending Account "Your Spending Account"
▪ Dependent Care Claim Form. http://www.hpalumni.org/YSA-DependentClaimForm.pdf 0.5MB pdf file. Includes instructions, fax number, and "Little Einstein Academy" example claim. (Form created by "Hewitt Admin" on 8/8/2012 9:13:34 AM. Sent to HPAA by HP U.S. Benefits on 3/20/13.)
▪ Health Care Claim Form. http://www.hpalumni.org/YSA-HealthCareClaimForm.pdf 0.3MB pdf file. Includes instructions, fax number, and "Associates of Dermatology" example claim. (Form created by "Hewitt Admin" on 8/8/2012 9:13:19 AM. Sent to HPAA by HP U.S. Benefits on 3/20/13.)
▪ Employment and Salary Verification. How to provide your employment status and salary to potential employers, financial institutions, and government aid agencies.
Where are my stock records? They are different
administrators depending on how you acquired the stock.
HP employee purchase cost basis:
HP investor purchase cost basis:
Stock of predecessor and spinoff companies
The Hewlett-Packard Alumni Association is an independent volunteer organization of former HP employees – and current HP employees in the process of leaving. It has rapidly grown to 25,000 members. The association is operated by former HP employees who volunteer their time. It is not endorsed or supported by the Hewlett‑Packard Company.
© 2013 Hewlett-Packard Alumni Association, Inc. • By using this site you accept these terms • The HP Alumni Association is operated by former employees who volunteer their time. It is not endorsed or supported by the Hewlett-Packard Company.