Retirees: Compare notes on benefits, more.
▪ Get mutual help on health coverage -- COBRA, retirement, Medicare, open-market. Annual Enrollment, discounts.
▪ Reconnect with past colleagues who know you and your work through LinkedIn groups.
▪ Find HP's discounts for retirees.
▪ Discuss US personal finance issues -- such as Social Security and stock -- from an ex-HP perspective.
▪ See US job openings from employers recruiting ex-HPers.
▪ Post your technical questions on the HPAA TechTalk forum – a knowledgeable, friendly community of engineers.
▪ Discover the local and online groups that suit your needs – US, international, business units and divisions, acquisitions, spinoffs, and more.
You are eligible to join if you were formerly a regular, direct employee of Hewlett-Packard, HP Inc, or Hewlett Packard Enterprise– or have a defined retirement or termination date. Thanks to the HPAA's Supporting Members, there is no charge.
Join here (No charge, thanks to our Supporting Members.)
1. There is useful information for all former employees on the official retiree websites -- including benefits, discounts, contacts, and change of address. http://www.hp.com/contacts
2. If you are still in the workforce, join the HPAA's networking and job-post groups on LinkedIn.
3. There is probably an informal online group for each organization you have worked in – including HP acquisitions and spinoffs. Directory of professional and social groups for HP alumni and current employees. For example, there are large groups for EDS and Compaq alumni. And there are many local clubs.
4. Advice and info on returning to HPI, HPE, DXC, or Micro Focus -- including informal and formal restrictions.
5. Which company am I (or will I be) a retiree of? Which Company
6. Check out the HP-supported local Retiree Clubs in the US and around the world.
7. Make sure that HP has your current mailing address. Even if long gone from HP. (Some have probably missed out on the 2015 EDS wage-and-hour settlement.) http://www.hp.com/contacts
(If you are in the process of leaving HP or have recently left, use our "ASAP Checklist" for advice and mutual help – developed by HPAA members – on the many things you have to do before you lose access to HPI or HPE internal systems and in the following few weeks.)
The Hewlett-Packard Alumni Association is operated by former employees who volunteer their time. It is not endorsed or supported by HPI or HPE.
© 2017 Hewlett-Packard Alumni Association, Inc. • By using this site you accept these terms • Operated by former employees who volunteer their time. Not officially endorsed or supported.