Post to the HPAA Jobs group
The HP Alumni Association's job-post group carries U.S. openings posted by fellow members. (Operated by volunteers. Not officially endorsed or supported.)
If you are a member of the HPAA but not a member of the Jobs group, Join the Jobs group
The emails have [HPAA Jobs] in the subject line. Posts are moderated.
We carry only specific job openings. No network marketing, franchises, business opportunities, etc.
We don't carry requests for job leads. See Member advice on using LinkedIn to reconnect with the people who personally know you and your work
How to post:
The key is the subject line...
Punctuate however you wish, but please follow this order -- so that members can quickly scan the email subject lines and won't miss your post.
Title Location Qualifiers, company name, other additional info.
To make sure that the right people open your post:
- Use a clear job title instead of terminology unique to your company.
- Please don't include extraneous wording at the start of the subject line, such as "New posting," or "Great opportunity!" Can cause your key info to not be seen on a phone.
- If you have multiple jobs in one geographic area or one specialty, you can include them in a single listing However, feel free to post jobs separately or by category -- so that people will see and open your post.
Body of the message...
- Include a direct contact method in the body of the post -- either a website link or an email address.
- If forwarding a job, include "Please send a note to <name>@<company>.com -- not to me" at the beginning of the post.
- If the employer is not well-known, it helps to include a line or two about the company.
- Implied age discrimination -- "Recent grad" "1-5 years of experience", etc. -- is not acceptable.
- Internship openings are fine -- our members will pass them along.
Submitting your post:
Please email your job posts to: email@example.com It may take a couple of days for our volunteer team to process your submission.
When you submit a job, you must use the address you specified when you applied. (Jobs submitted from a different email address are automatically returned by the Google Groups system. We won't see them.)
If you receive a "failure" reply to your post, please contact us to troubleshoot. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
To keep the group as effective as possible, the same job may not be reposted in less than four weeks.
If you made an error, resubmit your post with "Revised" in the subject line.
You will not receive emails of your posts. If you wish, we can change your Jobs membership to receive a daily digest of all job posts -- please email email@example.com.
How to turn off Jobs emails, change HPAA email address, change to one daily email, or unsubscribe: Subscription Changes
Thank you for sharing your job opportunities with our members!
If you have questions, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (Updated Nov 26, 2021.)
The HPAA Posting Policy and User Agreement applies to posts on all HPAA groups.
A job post is the responsibility of the author and does not signify an endorsement by the Hewlett-Packard Alumni Association.
If formerly a regular, direct U.S. employee of HP or HPE -- or are in the process of leaving -- join the HP Alumni Association. No charge, thanks to HPAA's Supporting Members.
© 2022 Hewlett-Packard Alumni Association, Inc. • By using this site you accept these terms • Operated by volunteers. Not officially endorsed or supported.