HP/HPInc/HPE obituary and memorial announcements (Provided by the independent HP Alumni Association)
Pinemat Manzanita, Placer County. Photo by William R. Hewlett. © California Academy of Science. More of Bill's wildflower photos
Two ways to be notified of announcements:
- Join the "HP/HPInc/HPE Obituary and Memorial Announcement" group on Facebook. (HPAA membership not required.) https://www.facebook.com/groups/HPMemorials
- HPAA members receive HP Alumni News emails, which list recent announcements with a link to the Facebook group.
How to add a memory to an announcement:
1. Join the HP/HPInc/HPE Obituary and Memorial Announcement group on Facebook. (HPAA membership not required.)
2. Find the announcement and click the "Comment" button.
3. A comment may be edited or deleted by the person who posted it. Click the faint gray row of three dots to the right of the first line of the comment.
How to post an announcement:
First, join the "HP/HPInc/HPE Obituary and Memorial Announcements" group on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/HPMemorials/
(If you are not a Facebook member, send a note with the information -- in the format given below -- to firstname.lastname@example.org An HPAA volunteer will post the announcement on the Facebook group.)
Then, please use this format to post on the Facebook group. (This format lets people quickly scan for familiar names.)
First name Last name
Sites, divisions, or business units.
Full name. Location. Age and/or dates of birth and death.
Text of obituary.
If there is a published obituary or memorial site, please indicate "Full obituary and guest book" and paste in the link.
[For privacy and spam prevention, do not include a personal email address or phone number. Despite your account settings, Facebook is not private.]
Jim Arthur - DTD, USFO,
Customer Support Division
In 1960 Jim joined Neely Enterprises. In 1970 he became General Manager of the Midwest Sales region. GM of the Corporate Parts Center. GM of Data Terminals Division. VP and Director of U.S Field Operations. Jim was Senior VP of the Worldwide Customer Support Division until his retirement in 1996.
Full obituary and guest book: https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/name/james-arthur-obituary?pid=195707665
If you are unable to post on the Facebook group, send a note with the information -- in the format given above -- to email@example.com An HPAA volunteer will post the announcement on the Facebook group.
Note: To ensure that any benefits, pension, or other issues are resolved, next-of-kin should report the death directly to the person's former employers. HPAA advice: Report disability or a death to the company
© 2021 Hewlett-Packard Alumni Association, Inc. • By using this site you accept these terms • Operated by former employees who volunteer their time. Not officially endorsed or supported by any company.