Local HP-related social clubs (Independent of the HPAA) Comments: firstname.lastname@example.org (Updated Apr 20, 2022.)
Gather with the friends and coworkers you knew during your working career.
Local HP social clubs in the Bay Area, Southern California, Oregon, and Texas -- and DEC chapters -- have in-person and virtual events. (The local social clubs are independent of the nationwide HP Alumni Association.)
Events and benefits vary by club. Some examples:
- Events -- such as picnics, lunches, holiday parties, volunteer projects, ballgames, book clubs, camping, cooking, craft beer, day trips, golf, museum visits, quilting, seminars, theater, travel, walks/hikes...
- Some clubs have virtual events. (A lot easier to get home after a virtual event.)
- Newsletter and website. In addition, some clubs have a photo gallery, member directory, company contact info, or other features.
- Local discounts -- for example, the Bay Area club has a California Delta Dental HMO plan.
Membership is typically open to former employees with a total of 10 years of service at HP, HPE, a successor company (such as Agilent or Keysight) or a predecessor company (such as Tandem or Compaq.)
- Also generally open to those who left the company after age 60 regardless of service, surviving spouses/partners, and those on permanent disability from the company.
- Does not depend on company records -- such as how the company has classified you, whether you have a gold badge, or whether you are receiving retiree benefits. (Club HP SoCal is open to current employees.)
Check the specific club link below for details on activities, membership eligibility, and the nominal annual dues.
- Bay Area. HP/HPE/Agilent/Keysight Retired Employees Club -- Bay Area. https://hpretirees.org/myhprec/club-brochure/ (click "View Fullscreen")
- Southern California. Club HP SoCal. https://www.clubhpsocal.org/info--links.html
- Corvallis. HP/Agilent Retired Employees Club of Oregon. https://hpretirees.org/wporegon/about-us/
- Houston. HP/HPE/Compaq Retiree Club of Houston. http://www.hprchou.com/about-our-club.html
- DEC -- several chapters. The DEC Connection
(independent group with chapters by location and function.)
Facebook. Independent HP, DEC, and EDS groups on Facebook -- reliving the good times, reconnecting with people you worked with, and remembering those who have passed: hpalumni.org/facebook
HP Alumni Association. Helping each other with life after HP and HPE. The nationwide HPAA has several moderated, email-based discussion forums. HPAA Benefits covers topics such as COBRA and retiree health benefits, annual enrollment, and transition to Medicare. HPAA Finance deals with employee stock, 401(k), pensions, and other personal finance issues from an ex-HP/HPE perspective. HPAA TechTalk members work together on HP/HPE-related personal technology questions.
Join us. If formerly a regular, direct U.S. employee of HP or HPE -- or are in the process of leaving. We also welcome others who could benefit from our updates and forums: spouses/partners, those receiving company benefits -- spouses/partners, dependents, DEC and EDS retirees -- and heirs with HP-related stock. No charge, thanks to HPAA's Supporting Members. Join at hpalumni.org/join
If formerly a regular, direct U.S. employee of HP or HPE -- or are in the process of leaving -- join the HP Alumni Association. No charge, thanks to HPAA's Supporting Members.
© 2022 Hewlett-Packard Alumni Association, Inc. • By using this site you accept these terms • Operated by volunteers. Not officially endorsed or supported.