Reconnect with those who know you and your work. Retiree benefits. More.
If you are in the process of leaving HP, use our ASAP Checklist immediately – before you lose access to HP Inc or Hewlett Packard Enterprise internal systems. Advice from alumni on the many things you need to do as soon as you know you are leaving – and in the following few weeks.
Join the Hewlett-Packard Alumni Association (no charge).
Helping each other with life after HP:
▪ Reconnect with those who know you and your work.
▪ Mutual help on health coverage -- COBRA, retirement, Medicare, open-market. Annual Enrollment, discounts.
▪ US job openings from employers recruiting ex-HPers.
▪ Discuss personal finance issues -- such as Social Security and stock -- from an ex-HP perspective.
▪ Post technical questions to a knowledgeable, friendly community of engineers.
▪ Discover local and online groups – business units and divisions, acquisitions, spinoffs, and more.
You are eligible to join if you were formerly a regular, direct employee of Hewlett-Packard, HP Inc, or Hewlett Packard Enterprise– or have a defined retirement or termination date. Thanks to the HPAA's Supporting Members, there is no charge.
Join here (No charge, thanks to our Supporting Members.)
If you are classified by HP as a Retiree, please go to our Retiree Checklist.
1. There is useful information for all former employees on the official HP retiree website -- including benefits, discounts, contacts, and change of address.
2. If you are still in the workforce, join the HPAA's networking and job-post groups on LinkedIn.
3. There is probably an informal online group for each organization you have worked in – including HP acquisitions and spinoffs. Directory of professional and social groups for HP alumni and current employees. For example, there are large groups for EDS and Compaq alumni. And there are many local clubs.
4. Advice and info on returning to HPI, HPE, DXC, or Micro Focus -- including informal and formal restrictions.
5. Update and strengthen your LinkedIn profile. Recruiters use LinkedIn to find candidates. You can use LinkedIn to reconnect with former co-workers who know you and your work. Many HPAA members report that LinkedIn helped them find a new job. Use HPAA's LinkedIn Tips and Traps
(If you are in the process of leaving
HP Inc or Hewlett Packard Enterprise or have recently left, use our "ASAP
Checklist" for advice and mutual help – developed by HPAA
members – on the many things you have to do before you lose access to
HPI or HPE internal systems and in the following few weeks.)
Information and links specifically for people from HP predecessor or
Information and links specifically for people from HP predecessor or spinoff companies:
The Hewlett-Packard Alumni Association is operated by former employees who volunteer their time. It is not endorsed or supported by HP Inc or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
© 2017 Hewlett-Packard Alumni Association, Inc. • By using this site you accept these terms • Operated by former employees who volunteer their time. Not officially endorsed or supported.